Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Don't Let Mold Grow!
From the Ordinary
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Fungi produce some very useful results. Yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads, baked goods and other food products, including some alcoholic beverages. The unique flavor of blue cheese is a result of mold. An edible mushroom is simply a type of fungi, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold (Penicillin chrysogenum). Even though some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
To the Unhealthy
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. Organic materials found inside a building, such as wood, paper, drywall and insulation, provide food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that pose a health threat.
Help Is Here
If you think you might have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Southern and Central Jefferson County. A SERVPRO Professional trained in mold remediation will examine the structure for any visible signs of mold. In the event mold is found, you will be asked to approve and sign a work authorization form prior to any mold cleanup or related work being performed. The technician may also recommend you leave the affected area while the mold cleanup and associated containment process is being safely completed. If extensive mold growth is present, additional assistance may be required. Some situations require the addition of an Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional with the specialized equipment and services needed to assess and/or repair property. You may wish to consult your adjuster if needed.
Are you spreading mold?
If you see visible mold in your Festus or surrounding home, or business, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can then release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Farmington for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Service- SERVPRO of Southern and Central Jefferson County in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business! Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely. Our crews will make your home or business "Like it never even happened." Give us a call at 636-467-5444.
Your Home and Indoor Air Quality
Control Moisture and Reduce Mold
Act Within the First 24 to 48 Hours
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used.
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials.
Proper Maintenance Saves Money
Estimates made by the World Health Organization say that poor indoor air quality costs $60 billion in employee sick leave and lost production. Part of your responsibility to the tenants, workers and students who work and play in your buildings includes proper maintenance and prompt response to any situation that could cause illness or health concerns. A SERVPRO of Southern and Central Jefferson County is available when it matters.
The SERVPRO Difference
- Reduce potential for mold growth.
- Remediate bacteria, fungi and mold.
- Restore peak energy efficiency.
- Eliminate offensive odors.
Improve the Air Quality of Your Business Today! Call us 636-467-5444.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Southern and Central Jefferson County specializes in mold cleanup an restoration, in fact, it's a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly re-mediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to removed all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores re microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies many produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45%.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - 636-467-5444!
Do you have mold in your duct work?
Sweeping Away Years of Dust and Dirt- Reducing Potential for Damage and Health Risks
Since the ventilation systems is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
The SERVPRO Proven Duct Cleaning System is Cost Efficient
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling though the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97% of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Give Your Wallet A Break! Call Today to Set Up an Appointment - 636-467-5444
Is mold hiding from you?
Mold can occur anywhere in your Festus or surrounding area home but mainly is concentrated to areas where moisture is present. These moisture areas are common to the bathroom and basements. Mold should be removed if found as soon as possible. SERVPRO of Southern and Central Jefferson County will search for traces of mold that are not visible.
One of the first places mold can collect and you may not think to check is under the refrigerator. Under the fridge tends to collect moisture and dirt which can cause a breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
Another place is the AC unit. AC units are known to collect debris, dust and moisture from the air, which can lead to mold spores.
Mold can even grow in or around a washing machine or its parts. Moisture and lint can cause a presence of mold spores.
Other area in the house include anywhere moisture and dirt may form such as window corners.
If you think you may have a mold problem call SERVPRO of Southern and Central Jefferson County.